Working for us
MAF International currently have the following vacancies:
Aircraft parts manager - aircraft maintenance engineer
Location: Arnhem Land, Australia
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Aircraft Parts Manager - Aircraft Maintenance Engineer with proven management experience to support the Chief Engineer to ensure there is no delay in Aircraft Maintenance. The role also requires the successful candidate to manage the Stores Department and, ensure maintenance and reviews of systems to guarantee continued regulatory compliance, as well as have a technical knowledge of aircraft parts. The Aircraft Parts Manager is an appointed position on MAF Aviation Services Certificate of Approval from the CASA and, therefore it is the Store Managers responsibility to ensure that MAF meets regulatory requirements and remains compliant.
Key accountabilities of the successful candidate:
- Maintaining strong relationship with parts suppliers, agents and representatives
- Manage staff assigned to Aircraft Stores, ensuring adequate training and compliance
- Manage stock, ordering and dispatch and adhere to budgeting requirements
- Maintain accurate and up to date stores records and monthly reports
- Manage the import and export and freighting of goods
- Special projects as requested by the Program Manager or Chief Engineer
- Ensure compliance with applicable operations manual, Staff Manual and legislative requirements;
- Ensure quality workmanship in accordance with MAF policy and CASA requirements
Applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia and should also have a strong desire to deliver high quality support services to our managers and employees. There is an occupational requirement for applicants to this position to be able to promote the organisational values and Christian ethos of MAF. The successful applicant will be expected to take part in, and lead, prayer and biblical reflection, and be a role model for the organisation in accordance with our Christian beliefs and standards in the workplace.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent by email to Karin Titternes, Recruitment Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 8th December 2017.
Your application should comprise of:
• A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, relevant achievements and latest remuneration including any benefits.
• A covering note of not more than 1.5 pages outlining your motiviation for applying and drawing out how your experience is relevant
Join an amazing journey and transform lives
Mission Aviation Fellowship is a unique Christian relief and development charity operating 125 light aircraft in over 30 countries. MAF transport patients, relief workers, produce, medical supplies and Christian workers in the world’s remotest regions and places of deepest human need – places where flying is not a luxury but a lifeline. We have been operating for over 60 years and have developed into a substantial aviation services charity that is relied upon by the network of development agencies, Christian workers and the communities they serve - every three minutes one of our aircraft takes off or lands bringing help, hope and healing to those in need.
Are you interested in working with a multi-cultural and cross-functional team providing vital services in aviation, communications and logistics to those in need in some of the most challenging and remote locations in the world?
MAF seeks those who feel called to work in overseas mission to fill key roles such as Programme Manager, Aircraft Engineer, Finance Manager, Pilot, Quality Manager, Avionics Technician, IT Specialist and Home School Support Teacher.
If you are interested in finding out more about working for MAF you need to contact your home MAF office (home in this context means your country of citizenship). These are as follows:
MAF OfficesMAF Arnhem Land
MAF New Zealand
MAF Papua New Guinea
MAF South Africa
MAF South Sudan
Associate OfficesMAF Canada
Other enquiriesIf your country of citizenship is not represented then please contact the support office closest to you geographically.
Africa Support Office
Asia Pacific Support Office